Friday 17 October 2014

Filtered Love.


Filtered Love.

What am I to you
A thing of disgust
An object to avoid
To you, am I just wanton lust?

What do you see when
I embrace my beloved
Is it vile in your eyes
Are they blinkered
or covered


Did God turn you this way
A bigot to the label you gave me of gay?
Did he infuse your intolerance
Did he get you all fired up
Or is it the monochrome image
Of your unique rebirth
That matters so much?

I am as you are
A son of a father
I have a mother
I embrace my Lord
As do you

You are my sister
I am your brother

Did he really condemn my passion,
My peace
Did he filter your love in a way to restrict its release?

The greatest commandment or so it is said
Is to love one another
Perhaps you misread?


Open your eyes,
I am no different to you
My passion for God is both
Faithful and true
but where you reject me
I will embrace
Where you turn your back
I will offer my place

For our God does not falter
Nor is he swayed
For both me and for you
It was his Son that paid

copyright Wayne Dwyer





No comments:

Post a Comment